Please sign in to vote.
Following a fatality at this junction in August Camden Council installed a number of temporary changes to the junction in October.
This consultation concerns some more radical permanent changes
The proposals include:
- A cycle gate on the Southampton Row (N) approach
- A new segregated cycle track northbound and southbound on Southampton Row
- ASL boxes with early release on the Vernon Place and Southampton Row (S) arms
- Early release for cycles and buses on Theobalds Road
- Full-time bus lanes on Southampton Row (S) and on Theobalds Road
- Widened pedestrian crossing on Vernon Place with cyclists to be allowed to turn left from Southampton Row into Vernon Place
- Removing the pedestrian guardrail around the junction to reduce potential harm to cyclists
- New ‘buff’ coloured surfacing at crossing points
DeadlineDecember 30th, 2021 17:00
24 days away