Enfield Transport Plan - Local Implementation Plan
"The Enfield Transport Plan (ETP) outlines what we will do over the next few years to improve those parts of the transport network which the Council is responsible for. Alongside this there will be continuing maintenance and, at the other end of the scale, delivery of strategic projects, such as the new Meridian Water station.
The core of the ETP is Enfield’s third Local Implementation Plan (LIP), which is a statutory document setting out how the Council proposes to help implement the Mayor of London’s Transport Strategy. The LIP also details how we propose to spend funding received from Transport for London (TfL).
At the heart of the plan is improving people’s health. Our local priorities reflect this, with a focus on making travel more sustainable, active and safe:
• Making active travel the natural choice, particularly for those trips less than 2km in length.
• Making more school trips safe, sustainable and healthy.
• Reducing the impact of private vehicles on our streets.
• Making the public transport network more accessible and the
natural choice for longer trips.
• Maintaining our assets for the benefit of the public."